Friday, September 23, 2011

#37 Potato Pizza


Well, better late than never. As I looked at my blog this morning (it is January 11th of the new year - yikes!) I realized that I had fallen way behind. So though the dates and meals match up, I'm writing everything 3 months later. Oh well, this recipe was made in effort to rid my fridge of the many potatoes and vegetables I had on hand.

Potato Pizza

Ingredients:
4 potatoes, shredded
1 medium onion, grated
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 tbsps. chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Coat a 12 inch pizza dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shredded onion, eggs and flour. Mix well and press into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Spray the crust with cooking oil and bake for 10 more minutes. Place under broil and broil for 3 minutes (I couldn't do this "broil" in my oven - but it still turned out!). Once the crust is golden and crips, remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
4. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, green pepper, thinly sliced onion, garlic and any other veggies you have. Toss to combine.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the veggies until tender crisp.
6. Combine the tomato sauce and basil. Spread half of the sauce over the top of the potato crust. Top with the sauteed vegetables and tomatoes. Pour the remaining sauce over all. Top with cheese.
7. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Slice into wedges and serve.

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment