Saturday, June 18, 2011

#22 Pumpkin Bread

Many people describe something akin to "culture shock" when they travel to a distant land or foreign country. I experience it every time I return to my parent's house in Minnesota. After being away and living in Mexico for 4 years, I am not prepared to look through mom's pantry at the wide variety of food (My novio had an extreme case of culture shock when he opened the pantry and said, "Whoa, it's as if there's an entire supermarket right here!" haha). A trip to the grocery store takes me 4 times longer than it would in Mexico because my eyes are trying to take in all the products I had forgotten even existed.

Likewise, when I decide to make or bake something I feel overwhelmed at the endless options before me. This recipe was tried because I stumbled upon a can of pumpkin in the pantry and couldn't resist. So though it's not October or November and may not be pumpkin season, it was totally worth it. Here's to a slice of pumpkin bread and a cup of morning coffee. (Picture will be uploaded soon!)

Pumpkin Bread (thanks to Taste of Home)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 (16 oz) can solid pack pumpkin

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5 in. x 3in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment