Saturday, September 10, 2011

#35 Pesto and Hummus made the night


One thing that has been fun about having the boys play soccer on Saturdays is that us girls can get together for a little ladies' afternoon/night. This week, the chicas came to my apartment and we enjoyed some white sangria, chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, curried hummus and bruschetta.

After discovering how easy it is to make hummus and much you can save ($$) by making it yourself, I don't think I'll be buying hummus again anytime soon.

Curried Hummus
Ingredients:
1 can garbanzo beans with half the liquid of the can
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
2 little limes - squeeze the juice out
a couple shakes of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
salt to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in the blender and thoroughly mix together to the right pasty consistency.

For the occasion, I made my usual bruschetta but decided to make my own pesto sauce and did what I could with the ingredients I could find and was pleasantly surprised.

Homemade Pesto Sauce
Ingredients:
2 cups fresh basil, chopped
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup almonds, crushed
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Chop the necessary ingredients and put all the solid ingredients into the blender, slowly add the olive oil as you blend the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste after blending all the ingredients. It's very simple and very good!

Buen Provecho!

1 comment: